Saturday, October 24, 2020

Entry #6 - I'll do it next year... I promise!

 New Years' Resolutions...


Are you familiar with it?
Yeah, I know, those things you say you'll do at the beginning of the year but ended up postponing them "for the next year."
Let's face it. We all expect our year to be the greatest, but one way or another, something must ruin it. Right?


You know, the problem with new years' resolutions is that we put our expectations way too high! We expect to lose 90 pounds in four months by drinking soda and eating McDonald's?! 
No, but seriously, we all got to a moment on new years' eve when you know you have to repeat the whole "new year, new me thing" again. Tiring, right? 
Twelve grapes and twelve wishes. It's funny how hurriedly we try to eat them all at once to have the time to make all of our desires. We have the typical single aunt wishing for a boyfriend this year, that we all know it surprisingly happens! The ones asking for an abundant life full of richness? Or those awkward moments where you aunts start to ask about your love life? Yeah, not the best feeling, huh?


Throughout my short life, I have noticed how madly we want to achieve those goals; the only problem is that it is not the unwanted events that restring us from accomplishing them, but ourselves.
I believe we all can reach each one of those wishes step by step, and stop saying we will do them next year. Do not pressure yourself to do them all at once but one by one.

I know you've been through something similar too. Tell me, what kind of aunts are yours? Do they also ask about your love life? 


Write down your stories; I would love to read them. I'll read you next time, stay safe!

4 comments:

  1. I always have a new years resolution, which is always to lose weight or to even tone-up. I also have those days where I say "Oh, I'm gonna start my KETO Diet next Monday, or "I'm going to stop eating sweets after today", but this never happens because I keep postponing them. I'm married now, but before I use to have those aunts who would ask every weekend dinner if I got a boyfriend yet, or if I my first kiss or date. So embarrassing lol, I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never understood the concept of new year's resolutions. If you want to change, why wait till the new year? It always seemed so silly to me, but I guess some people feel better about having some change to look forward to.

    Also, I think my family gave up any hope of me getting a girlfriend a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, New Years resolutions where do I start. I think for most of my life I've always liked the idea of "new year new me" but it defiantly never happens. After a while I've sort come to the conclusion that a new year isn't going to make me more outgoing or more willing to do the things I'v neglected in the years past lol. As for aunt, got to love them. My mom get married when she turned 18 so you can image the kind of questions I am constantly getting. Great post love the interactive aspect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Karla. Your new entries are looking great! You present interesting topics and ideas, and you are clearly developing your content and creating significance for your audience to connect and relate to, which is evidenced in all the comments. Great visual appeal. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Entry #10 - Don't Go!!!

 Let's learn to say goodbye! Yes, that feeling where you can't let go of those shoes that you worked too hard to get the money to bu...